Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I just went through all of Steve's recent posts, and I just have one comment to make.

The breakdown at the end of I Have Wasted Every Word is good, minus the stupid ass squeal/bend combo. If you made it into a strummed chord or a picked chord, it would be awesome.

Moving on, recording is just 8 days away, and I don't think I can be any more excited than I am. If anyone keeps tabs on the Tacoma hardcore scene, you probably know that I'm a relatively new face. The only experience I've had with playing in hardcore bands is X-Wing and xStay On Targetx, both of which haven't practiced in about a year (I'm calling you out Randy). I'm a huge fan of melodic hardcore, but playing it is completely different than any style I've ever played. I feel like I've made a pretty good transition from metal drumming to hardcore drumming. One of the major differences is the muscles that are worked out. In my other band, I do a lot more with my feet, and that's the basis of the majority of the drumming. In Open Fire, the tempos are faster and it's primarily based off of my hands. It's awesome though because I know that it's helping to round me off as a musician by playing a different style. Oh, and for some reason, Steve decided to set the tempo for Moral Eclipse at like 2,000 BPM, so that's going to be a lot of fun to record.

At the Quesadilla Factory show on the 10th, can someone please take a few pictures of me on drums? It gets really annoying having only about 10 pictures to sort through from about 5 years of local shows.

-Daniel

1 comment:

  1. will be stoked throughout the recording process. :)

    ReplyDelete